• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sleep paralysis ?!?!?! - MEGA MERGED

Fentanyl_Fiend

Greenlighter
Sleep paralysis is a fucked up thing . Ive noticed When i consume a high amount of opiates in a day or string of days I get sleep paralysis .... This shit is scary . Ive figured a way to pull myself out of it but it involves a jerking movement .. I mean a Large violent movement . Does anyone know how to Completely avoid having this ? Mostly because when im staying at a girls house i hate having to jerk out of it ... Its kinda imberessing to do when im in a womens bed ... Especially one that i dont know very well .... If you dont know what this is , heres a link on what it is .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

They say its from sleep deprivation or abnormal sleep habits But it only happens to me when i get high on opiates the day before . Help me Plzzors!!!

I used to get SP almost every night for a couple month period there until I quit using MDMA. I know exactly what you mean, it's freaky shit. As far as prevention methods.. I found it tends to happen more often when sleeping on my back or stomach. Try sleeping on your sides, that helps me. :)

Wow , now that i think about it . It does happen more when Im on my back ... awesome Ill defenently try that . Thank you so much .. When it happened to you did you even figure out a way to pull yourself out of it while it was happening?

Hi Fentanyl fiend, welcome to Bluelight :)

There are several discussions on sleep paralysis already on BL, here are just a few:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=370320&highlight=sleep+paralysis
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=364992&highlight=sleep
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=260575&highlight=sleep+paralysis

You can use the serach engine up the top right hand side of the page, to find discussions already open on particular topics. Chances are that most things have already been discussed before :)

As a fellow sufferer of sleep paralysis I hope you find some relief from it soon!

I get this often too, i'm not sure how to avoid it but the way i "come out of it" is focus on moving a small part of my body, hand, foot, etc. Happened more when i was taking melatonin, dunno if its related 8o

i'm gonna shift this over to healthy living, as it's not OD material.

sorry if this is an inconvenience HL mods.

You can just wait and your body will respond soon anyway. No need to spas out or anything.

Drugs always exacerbate my tendency to experience SP.

To the OP: I've had it ever since I hit puberty, and sometimes it has been quite disruptive - so I understand how frustrating it can be. You can get 'used' to it, and develop techniques to snap out of episodes quicker without having to fully wake yourself up and interrupt your sleep cycle, as well as finding ways of getting back to a deep sleep wihtout constantly falling back into a recurring series of SP.

One thing that used to work quite well for me was to open my jaw as wide as I could (of all the parts of your body, you should be able to move it at least a little bit) and then roll it open and shut until my body woke up. After a while you learn to trigger your body's waking mechanism without having to use the initial movement to set it off. It can get to the point where you can wake yourself up after a split second.

Learning to go back to sleep can be trickier - especially if you're like me and fall straight back into an episode of SP. My SP episodes are always immediately preceded by a weird 'brain zap' sensation. Try to work out if there's any tell-tale sensation that heralds SP for you. As soon as I have these brain zaps I wake myself up, move my body a little bit, and then try to go back to sleep. If you only wake yourself back up a little bit, and don't achieve full waking consciousness, you'll most likely drop back into SP. Provided you can relax and drop back into sleep after having tried to wake yourself, you should be able to fall back into your sleep cycle quite quickly - which is alot less disruptive than half-waking yourself, having SP, half-waking yourself, having SP e.t.c. all night.

After a while, it becomes so easy to interrupt SP, or stop it before it happens that it no longer is disruptive.

I must say though, I do enjoy the strangeness that accompanies many SP episodes - talking to strange entities, having false awakenings, having OBEs. Sometimes I just let the experience go, instead of stopping it - except for the ones where I'm 100% awake, but unable to move at all and feeling like I can't breathe - these are the ones where it is most handy to know how to snap out of it promptly.

Sorry if this all was a bit rambly, the PST I'm drinking is cruising away with my brain.

Peace out

and super perfundo on the early eve of your day

i get this pretty often. A good way to avoid it is to try sleeping on your side, because it seems its never happened to me unless i was sleeping on my back. also a good way to avoid this from happening is to go to bed at the same time every night. It tends to happen to people when their sleeps rythum gets a lil screwed up

I used to get this when I was a kid randomly for no good reason, usually a couple hours before I'd wake up, after the sun came up.

The "jerking motion" did work to an extent, but then I was paralyzed in my new position which may or may not be more comfortable than where I was.

What worked the best was just to convince myself that I'm ok and I've been sleeping like this for probably the whole night and should just try and go back to sleep as though I did have control over my body. As soon as I managed that I was all fixed.

i get sleep paralysis a lot. had it just last night as a matter of a fact. its easier to get out of if you keep your self relaxed. or just go back to sleep!

I've had it happen a few times, and it's always been incredibly weird. I often experience hypnanogic hallucinations that are so real I often believe that it actually happened.

When you have SP is your body numb? I usually have a feeling in my body and mind that reminds me tons of nitrous or a really high dose of JWH-018. I agree about keeping yourself relaxed. I basically had a panic attack the first time it happened and it made it much worse. I've never experienced SP that lasted as long as that first time. no complaints there. The way it replicates nitrous and really high dose cannabinoids really interests me, but it's not something you can really induce.

Hey everyone. I've been experiencing sleep paralysis since early childhood. I can remember being 7 or 8 and having it. Anyway, my opiate addiction has made it much worse. I usually have it every night. It's completely harmless from wat I've read. Basically, your body releases some sort of chemical that paralyzes you at night so you won't act out the motions you're making in your dream. In other words, if you're running in a dream, your body won't be running in bed. At some point, you wake up but your brain is still paralyzing your body. It is harmless and usually lasts for a few seconds. I know it seems like an eternity. Usually, I can muster up some moans and my wife will shake me out of it. The best thing to do is tell yourself everything i alright, and just wait it out.

sleep parylisis

For the past 5 months I have been waking up in a extreamly frightining experience called sleep parylisis. I wakup in a panic and I can't move, its hard to breath, I feel a huge weight on me, and my entire body is buzzing. It lasts for what feels like 30 seconds. I feel like I can slowly move my arm when in it but in reality I haven't moved at all... My question is weather this could be drug related. I have done E on more than several occations, I've been clean for over a month but lastnight was the worst epesode EVER and I was wondering if anyone else had gotten this ever

I had this happen to me a few months ago, and holy shit was it scary.

I thought I was paralyzed, I couldn't move for about a minute.

I don't think that its directly due to drug use ie E because it happened about 2 years after I stopped my heavy E use, although I am on opiates daily.

I had this happen to me 2 nights in a row one time, it seemed to go away randomly.

There is a lot to be said about sleep paralysis, that is more psychological then anything else, and it happens to non drug users also. It has to do with our ego.

We fall asleep when the ego surrenders. withing sleep our past comes to integrate, and especially when events occur during the day, which bring forward past experiences to integrate them. There are times that our ego becomes disembodied during sleep, a lot of those times depends on the underlying emotion or what is dealt through our sleep.

When we struggle to wake up, but the ego is disembodied at that time, it cannot wake up the body as when normal times when we are in our bodies.

Makes sense? Nop? Well, check it out next time! Someone needs to shake your body really heavily, your body is unconscious and your ego above it watching and is aware but can't wake you up. You propably scream at the time for someone to shake you, at some stage you reembody and wake up but you feel extremely lethargic and tired!
There is a lot more, but I don't think this is easily digestible by many. So I will leave it at that!
Sounds weird but true!

Sleep paralysis freaks me out, the worst part is hearing sinister voices and seeing 'entities'. I usually end up trying to scream for somebody to wake me up, but of course I can't because I'm paralysed....

i just posted a thread about this.... noone replyed :( but anyway it sucks and ive been getting it more frequently

i haven't had it in ages and kinda miss it :p :)